Sunday, August 18, 2013

A Simple (and tasty!) Fish Recipe


One of my goals for my family in 2013 is to eat more fish. I have to say it has been a little bit of a challenge.

The types of fish I like tend to cost more than ten or twenty dollars a pound. I also find that in my recipe collection I only have a dozen strong fish recipes and I am getting bored with them.

I decided to give this recipe for Grilled Grouper with Basil-Lime Pistou I found in Cooking Light Magazine a try.

The recipe was very simple to make and the entrée packed a lot of flavor. I used Cod (it was on sale!) instead of Grouper. I paired the fish with brown rice and grilled green and yellow zucchini. The fresh herbs really complimented the simplicity of the rice and grilled veggies.

Grilled Grouper with Basil-Lime Pistou
Serves 4

Ingredients:

Pistou:

1 cup fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon fresh grated lime rind
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
3 garlic cloves, chopped

Fish:
4 (6 ounce) Grouper fillets, about 1/2 inch thick.....cod works as well!
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Cooking Spray

Preparation:
  1. To prepare pistou, combine first 7 ingredients in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Let stand 10 minutes.
  2.  Prepare grill. (a grill pan, George Foreman or an outdoor grill will work)
  3. Sprinkle fish evenly with salt and pepper.
  4.  Place fish on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
  5. Serve with approximately one tablespoon pistou.

No comments:

Post a Comment