Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Cinnamon Apple Chips


With thirty apples left from apple picking I would love to just bake a bunch of apple pies, apple crisps, apple cobbler and other apple desserts. The unfortunate thing about baking all of that would be wanting to eat everything I made! I decided to try something new. I baked apple chips. I think I just found my go to snack. It is a nice mix of crunchy and sweet. Not only do they taste great they are healthy and so easy to make.
Enjoy!

Cinnamon Apple Chips

Ingredients
3 fresh apples, sliced 1/8 inch thin, seeds removed (I used red delicious)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon sugar

Preparation
  1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
  2. Place thinly sliced apples on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
  3. Mix the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle lightly on the sliced apples
  4. Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, flip apples over, bake an additional 1 hour and 15 minutes
  5. Turn heat off oven and keep apples in oven until oven cools down
Notes:
  • I just sliced these thinly with a knife but a Mandolin works much better. I used these in many commercial kitchens and loved them and now they have become reasonably priced so I may just need to add one to my kitchen. I put a link to Amazon below for a Mandolin.
  •  I used an apple corer on some but think the sliced ones just looked better.


No comments:

Post a Comment