Friday, November 1, 2013

Apple Crumble Pie



I had some extra apples on hand and I could not decide if I wanted to make Apple Crisp or Apple Pie. I really like both and I was in the mood for both. I decided to make neither.....instead I made an Apple Crumble Pie....which for me was a good compromise. Enjoy!

Apple Crumble Pie

Ingredients:
1 (9 inch) deep dish pie crust
5 cups apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Topping:
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup white sugar
6 tablespoons butter

Preparation:
  1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
  2. Mix together apples, 1/4 cup white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and 1/4 cup all purpose flour. Place into unbaked pie shell. Spread evenly.
  3.  In a separate bowl, cut butter into 1/3 cup white sugar and 3/4 cup all purpose flour. Sprinkle crumble topping over apples.
  4. Bake for an hour to an hour and 15 minutes, until top is golden brown and apples are soft.
Note: 
  • To prevent crust from browning too quickly place a shield or foil around the edge, remove during the last 20 minutes of baking.


No comments:

Post a Comment