Wednesday, October 2, 2013

French Onion Salisbury Steak






I tried this recipe for the first time last night for dinner. All I can say is Oh My Gosh! This recipe is a keeper!!! I like Salisbury Steak but I am not a big fan gravy so this was perfect to me. I wish the picture I took did it justice....but I do not think so. I guess I will just need to make it again to get a better picture :) I also think the next time I make it I will add in some mushrooms....that should bring this entree over the top! Enjoy!


French Onion Salisbury Steak
Serves 4

Ingredients

1 1/4 pound 93/7 ground beef
1/4 cup finely chopped  fresh parsley
2 tablespoons minced green onions
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
2 tablespoons all purpose flour plus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups sliced onions
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 cups low sodium beef stock
1/4 cup dry red wine
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning

Preparation
  1. In a large bowl combine ground beef, parsley, green onions, salt and pepper.
  2. Divide mixture into four equal portions and shape into 3/4 inch thick oval patties.
  3. Dredge each patty in flour.
  4. In a large skillet on medium high, heat olive oil. Add the patties and cook 3-4 minutes on each side, until browned. Remove beef from skillet.
  5. Add the onions and sugar to pan, saute five minutes. Add the garlic and tomato paste. Stir constantly about one minute, until tomato sauce begins to brown.
  6. Add 1 tablespoon flour and cook one minute. Add wine, broth, salt and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine.
  7. Add beef back into skillet. Bring sauce to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium low. Simmer 10-15 minutes, until beef reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees for 15 seconds.
Note:
  • I served this with Roasted Garlic Bread. I will post the recipe for the Roasted Garlic Bread tomorrow! The bread was awesome we used to soak up some of the broth...YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment