Thursday, October 17, 2013

Chocolate Mint Cookies


Years ago I was reading a magazine. The magazine had a recipe for a cookie that tasted like a Girl Scouts Thin Mint Cookie. The crazy thing was the cookie was not a cookie at all. The cookie was a Ritz Cracker dipped in minted chocolate. I tried making the cookie and it tasted so good I ended up putting the cookie in my holiday cookie baskets. I received so much great feedback about this cookie. No one could believe that this cookie was actually a cracker covered in minted chocolate.

This has to be one of the best tasting and easiest cookies I make.

There are so many versions of this cookie recipe online. I am posting a basic recipe that uses chocolate, mint and Ritz Crackers. I have read where people have used  melted Mint Andes Candies and Ritz Crackers. I also have read where people use chocolate wafers instead of the Ritz Crackers but again I have always stuck with the basic recipe since it is so AMAZING.
 Enjoy!

 Ingredients:
1 pound chocolate (dark, semi sweet, or milk chocolate)
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
72 Ritz Crackers

Preparation:
  1. Melt chocolate on a double boiler, in the microwave or in a slow cooker.
  2. Stir in mint.
  3. Dip crackers into chocolate. Flip cracker to coat both sides. Scrape or shake off excess chocolate. Place cookies onto waxed paper. Refrigerate until chocolate hardens.
Notes:
  • The two best ways I found to dip the crackers is to drop the cracker into the chocolate and flip it with either a fork or tong then pick it up out of the chocolate using whatever utensil you used to flip the cracker.
  • I garnished these with some white chocolate, tinted green. I then piped the green chocolate over the cooled cookies.
  • Other garnishes could be sprinkles or crushed mint candies. These should be added onto the cookies before the the chocolate hardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment