Tuesday, September 3, 2013

AMAZING Peanut Butter Cookies! (p.s. they are gluten-free and easy to make)


I like baked goods! I really like cookies!!
Needless to say, the gluten free lifestyle usually does not work so well for me.
When I saw this recipe I of course was intrigued. I had never baked peanut butter cookies without flour before.
I must say these were so simple to make but more importantly....
The results were AMAZING!
These cookies are soft, flaky and taste actually better than peanut butter cookies with flour. The cookies are also only about 100 calories each vs a traditional homemade peanut butter cookie which is 150 calories or more each....only one problem...they are slightly addictive.
Enjoy!

Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
Yield 2 dozen

Ingredients
1 cup peanut butter ( I used Skippy Natural)
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

approx 1/4 cup extra white sugar in a small bowl

Preparation

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a medium bowl combine peanut butter, sugar, egg, baking soda and vanilla. Stir by hand until completely blended.
  3. Roll dough into one inch balls then place ball into small bowl and coat with sugar.
  4. Place ball on greased cookie sheet and make a criss-cross pattern with a fork pressing down gently
  5. Bake 8-10 minutes. Allow cookies to cook slightly on cookie sheet before transferring over to a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment